I can't stop thinking about how fragile life is...
God called two more angels to heaven yesterday when a young woman from LaPorte died in a car accident. She had a husband, a young child, and another baby on the way. She had a family and many people who love her and who will miss her dearly.
I didn't really know her personally....but she was a mother just like me, so I do "know" her...
I know that her world probably revolved around her child, and I'm sure she couldn't wait to meet the new baby that she was expecting. Her heart probably melted every time she looked at her son's beautiful face. I am sure she had hopes and dreams for her son, and while she looked forward to his future, she didn't want him to grow up, either. I'm sure she cherished every second with him, but didn't realize just how precious every second was.
My heart absolutely breaks for her husband who lost his wife, his unborn child, and the mother of his son. My heart breaks for her son that will be missing out on the most important person in his life. It breaks for the little baby who never had a shot at life.
I am so sad thinking about how she won't get to watch her son grow up, but comforted knowing that he will always have her as his guardian angel.
I pray that God wraps his arms around her baby boy and holds him tight. I pray that her husband and parents can find the strength to get through this absolutely unimaginable time.
I pray that Chad and I will always be around to watch Lyla grow up. I pray that she is always safe and healthy and protected by God.
Give your babies extra kisses every day. Live each day as if it is your last.
Rest in peace, Leah.
Hi Katie- Brady told me to check out your blog and I think you summed up what so many of us are thinking about Leah and her family. Thank you!
ReplyDelete- Kelly Jones
This is so sad and it has touched all of our lives. This young woman was related to a very dear friend and colleague of ours and I just hope she and her family can get through this terrible tragedy.
ReplyDeleteKatie this was such a nice post. I heard about Leah and could not stop thinking of her little boy, husband, and unborn child. It does make me realize how fragile life is. What a terrible tragedy. You are such a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteMalorie Tonagel
Oh Katie, I am so sorry to hear about this.
ReplyDeleteI heard about this yesterday Katie. I can't believe it. So very sad. I thought about Leah and her family all night. I can not even imgaine what her husband is going through right now. So young and so full of life. Very tragic! Wonderful post. You said everything so perfectly.
ReplyDelete-Alyssa Vath
Katie, thank you for this post. I agree Life is to Fragile. I can not stop thinking about this family. I did not hear of anything until I read your post, and I just keep praying. So sad, and so tragic. Thank you again for the post.
ReplyDelete