Saturday, April 3, 2010

First Steps!

LYLA TOOK HER FIRST STEPS TONIGHT!!!

Chad and I were both there to see it, too.  I was so scared that she would take her first steps at the babysitter's house, so I was really hoping it would happen while I am off work all week with her.  She has been thinking about it for awhile, but I think she has been kind of scared.  She already "walks" along while holding on to everything, and she barely has to be touching anything, but I think it made her feel more comfortable.  Every time she would get close to taking a step, she would think about it for a few seconds, and then get down and crawl.  Tonight we were playing in the basement and she was holding on to one of her toys, and I put my arms out for her and she took two or three steps in to my arms.  YAY!  Then a few minutes later I was holding her hands while she was walking, and Chad held his hands out for her and she did it again.  What a proud moment!  She seemed so proud of herself too!

We have had great weather this past week, and we got outside and enjoyed it a few days!

Here are some pictures of Lyla playing in our back yard in some cute Matilda Jane outfits








Yesterday Lyla had a fun play date at Fort La Play Porte, her first time at the park.  She loved the swing!




After the park we went to my parent's house and enjoyed the rest of the beautiful day!






Okay, time for me to go so the Easter Bunny can come!  Happy Easter everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment