Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Big girl!

Did I mention what a big girl Lyla is now?  Well, for the last few weeks, she has been using the potty!  I bought her a Princess Potty Chair awhile back, and I set it out for her to play with and get used to the idea.  It plays music when someone goes potty in it, but all Lyla really had wanted to do was flip it upside down and push the button that made the music play.  She's smart like that.  So I hadn't really tried too hard or pushed it very much.  I figured she would kind of let me know when she was ready.  And that she did...

Actually, to be honest with you, the first time she used it no one knew.  It was quite sad actually, that no one made a big deal about it or praised her or gave her a big hug or kiss.  Chad and I were in the bathroom one day, after Lyla was in bed, and I noticed that the bowl in the potty chair looked dirty.  I picked it up to wash it out and noticed some dried up liquid in it, so I asked Chad about it.  He told me that when he was getting her ready for the bath, she went over and sat on it, and it played the music that it does that when someone uses it, but he said he thought that it played the music every time someone just sat on it.  Oh my gosh!  I couldn't believe it, and I felt so bad that no one congratulated her on this huge milestone! 

Now of course, every time she uses it, I make the biggest deal in the world out of it.  And I can see how proud she is of herself, and it makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside, and I really can't believe how fast my little girl is growing up...

Because you know what?  In the blink of an eye, here is where we will be next:

3 comments:

  1. that's awesome katie! both of my kids potty trained really early and it was WONDERFUL. clark was about 21 monthsish and alice started at 18. just like lyla, they expressed interest so i just went for it. i always hesitate to talk about it because i know potty training can be a really challenging thing for others and i know not all kids are the same, but on the other hand i do want moms who have kids who are expressing an interest at an early age to know that it can be done. i felt really stupid even trying it with my kids but also thought i would be unwise to ignore their interest and both of them caught on pretty quickly. yay for lyla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, i love the photo in your blog header. so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a big girl - and you are so right about where she will be in the blink of an eye! Believe me, I know! Now my baby is a mommy!

    ReplyDelete