Friday, May 27, 2011

Then and Now

Hi.  It's been awhile.

I started to write out a big long paragraph apologizing that I haven't blogged for awhile, but then I erased it.  The apology was really to no one other than myself.  I'm sure my blog "fans" (that was a joke, if you couldn't tell) were still able to sleep at night, even though there hasn't been any new news on the Mrozinski Minute for awhile.

When I don't get a chance to blog for awhile, I get a little disappointed because I miss a lot of opportunities to document what has been going on in life with Lyla.  And a lot of the "things" that I have been holding onto in my head just slip away, somewhere in my mommy brain mush.  And then when I finally sit down and make myself blog, because I want to catch up, I don't know where to start, and my mind is just blank and so blah.  So, I guess I'll just start with today.

My good friends Lisa and Laurie and I took our adorable kiddos to the Washington Park Zoo in Michigan City today.  We took a trip just like this last year right around the same time, and while we were there I kept thinking back to our first trip, and realizing just how much our kids have grown up.  When I came home I looked back at our old pictures, and it was fun to compare the differences between then and now.



Checking out the animals Then, May 2010


Checking out the animals Now, May 2011


Mommy and Daughter Then


Mommy and Daughter Now


Feeding the goats Then


Feeding the goats Now


Checking out the River Otters Then


Checking out the River Otters Now


Beautiful Girl Then


Beautiful Girl Now


Feeding the birds Then


Feeding the birds Now


My princess Then


My princess Now




A year goes by way too quickly...and why doesn't my hair grow as fast as Lyla's apparently did?  

1 comment:

  1. WOW! A year makes a huge difference - loved this, Katie!

    ReplyDelete