I can honestly say I have no idea where my "summer" went. It's funny, when summer approaches I have all of these big ideas in my head of what I'm going to accomplish. I actually typed out this really organized "to do" list of things that I wanted to get done before the summer started--things that I've been putting off forever and just have never found a spare second to do. Well, after I typed it out and saved it, I don't think I ever even got the chance to open that file again. This summer has been BUSY!
All boring busy-ness aside, we actually did have a real little family vacation this summer. We went to Indy for two nights, where we went to the zoo one day and the Children's Museum the next. Yes, this 3 hour trip south was actually our very first family vacation, so I was pretty excited--excited enough that I am actually considering a trip to Indy a vacation. Although we have been on little trips before, there is usually always another agenda to the trip, and this one was strictly pleasure for once. Lyla had a BLAST at both places, so I would say our first family vacation was successful.














I have had such a fun time watching Lyla grow this summer, even though it has gone by way too fast. It just amazes me that I can have actual full blown conversations with her; she talks so much and so well, and more often than not I just can't get over the things that come out of her mouth. She is turning into such a little lady and I can see her baby traits are being left further and further behind. And while I while always miss it, I'm okay with it too, because that's why we have kids. To watch them grow. And to love them, every single step, and every single stage along the way.
And I look forward to each and every day of watching her grow even more....and giving her a million kisses along the way.
Such lovely pictures! We had a great summer, too!
ReplyDeleteSteph