I decided that I wanted to start doing a different Christmas craft every year. This year, Lyla and I made some Handprint Christmas Ornaments for Christmas presents (and of course, for our tree too!) It was a fun and easy project! Well, it probably would be easy if you weren't doing it with a 9 month old baby who would rather squeeze the dough than gently press her hand in it!
Here is Grandma Terri helping Lyla and I make the handprints
Can you tell by the look on Lyla's face that she is having so much fun?! She was a little angry because we wouldn't let her squeeze the dough!
Here are the handprints before we popped them in the oven
Here is one of the better finished ornaments
This one didn't turn out quite as well...you can see where she pressed her two fingers in really hard, attempting to grab a handful of dough!
We are really excited for Lyla's first Christmas!
Awww.... what a fun idea! I wish I would have made those when my son was a baby. I didn't get into handprint art until he was almost a year old!
ReplyDeleteI am so not with it! I need to do stuff like this. Even the "not perfect" one is adorable and you know the memory of her grabbing at the dough will make you all teary when her hands are three times that big. :)
ReplyDelete