Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!  Ours was very busy but wonderful.  Christmas Eve we spend with Chad's mom's side of the family.  Santa comes to bring all the little ones presents, which I was excited about but I knew how Lyla would react...the pictures below speak for themselves.  Maybe next year she will be more excited!  I was disappointed that I never took her to see Santa somewhere else, but I am glad I didn't spend time in line just for her to freak out when I tried to put her on his lap.



Christmas morning we opened the gifts Santa brought Lyla at our house.  She was pretty excited to get all of her new goodies! 






 She got some pretty great gifts under the tree, but her favorites were what Santa somehow snuck down in the basement and had all set up and waiting for her...a bounce house and a kitchen!




Then we moved along to my parent's house to open up more gifts, and then to my grandma's (my mom's mom) for lunch and more gifts.  (*Note Lyla's beautiful name shirt made by DoodleBug Creations!)



 The day after Christmas we had yet another family get together with Chad's immediate family on his mom's side.  We do a white elephant gift exchange, so it's always interesting to see what you will come home with!


































 Oh and the day before Christmas Eve Lyla got spoiled by her godfather, Ed.  He got her a little 4 wheeler, which she loves
chasing the dogs with!






 I am very thankful that we are fortunate enough to be able to give Lyla a good Christmas, but I am definitely going to make sure that she grows up knowing the real meaning behind Christmas, which is much more important than getting spoiled with presents!

Stay tuned for my next exciting post....3 day potty training success!

1 comment:

  1. What a Very Merry Christmas. You really caught some great pictures of EVERYTHING. I love love, all of Lyla's new stuff. I smiled sooo big when I saw her new trains:)Ethan said he wants to bounce in Lyla's bounce house and make her a yummy dinner in her new kitchen. Everything looked great, and cannot wait to see you guys:)

    ReplyDelete