Monday, November 2, 2009

My new wrap!

Here is my beautiful new woven wrap, a Hoppediz (Miami Hopp)! I'm so excited because I got a great deal on it. I was a little worried that I would never figure out how to do back carries with it, but sure enough I figured it out (by myself) on my first try!
Let me tell you, wrapping a wiggly 8 month old baby on your back is quite the work out. I got spit up on, hair was pulled, my ear screamed in, a pacifier was dropped and Jasper took it and ran off with it, while Boca was stepping on the ends of the wrap... but I somehow stayed calm enough to finish the job, and when I was finished, Lyla was happy as can be! I can't wait to keep practicing and trying different carries with it!
Here is a Back Wrap Cross Carry: Back Wrap Cross Carry
Front Wrap Cross Carry


You will notice that I tend to take a lot of pictures of myself in the mirror. If it weren't for these mirror pictures, I might never have any proof that I am actually with my baby! I'm always the one taking pictures, so there are lots of pictures of Chad and Lyla, but not many of me and Lyla at all! Plus when I accomplish something as exciting as wrapping my baby on my back by myself, I need to have proof of it!



2 comments:

  1. I am SO impressed! And Lyla-girl looks so happy in there. I always have to take my own picture too-- I think it's a mom problem. On Halloween I had to be all awkward and ask my mom to take a family picture of me and Luke and the kids and everyone stood around wanting us to hurry and I felt stupid. So yes, the mirror works just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny- because I found you through my cousin's blog (It's Your Movie) and low and behold, she comments on the same post that I am. There is no other way but babywearing! I have a one year old girl, aren't they so fun!?

    ReplyDelete